Wednesday, January 30, 2008

The Joker Dies!


For some reason, whenever a celebrity dies, it becomes a circus show. Whenever a young talented actor dies, it becomes a freak show. Heath Ledger passed away in NYC earlier this month and it seems like you couldn't change the channel without hearing about him. I was at a training session when I heard the terrible news with my co-worker Ray. Well Ray received a text message about the death, and immediately showed it to me. Both of us immediately wondered "did he finish filming Batman yet???" I know it's callous, but that's how the minds of many grown men with adolescent fantasies work. When we heard about the Mary Kate Olsen angle, our next collective thought was "that chicks not a bad bang, but she needs a cheeseburger or 2". To all the crazies out there that think God is punishing Ledger because of his portrayal of a gay cowboy in Brokeback mountain, the only thing I can say is, life must be so simple when you're that frickin stupid. Rest in Peace Heath, thank you for being the Joker, and for the many movies that gave us such joy!

No comments: