Thursday, October 26, 2006

Haunted Hayride!



Well Lek still only has one day off a week, so whenever she's off, we try to do something fun that day. Being that Halloween is so close, we decided to do something halloween themed, and what's spookier and scarier then a Hanunted Hayride? Normally I've gone to the one way up in Tuxedo NY, by Sterling Forest. Although, that place has always been fun, they don't operate on Wednesdays. Incidentally, I got hooked on the whole Haunted House/Haunted Hayride thing since the Haunted House in New Rochelle. I went there often while I was a young teen in Westchester, so haunted houses always bring nostalgia for me. We instead found this place

It seems far since it's all the way in Pennsylvania, but it's really not too bad since it's only a few minutes off the NJ turnpike. Door to door was a little over an hour and a half (but I drive pretty fast). We had awesome baby back ribs at Churchville's, then went off to the Hayride. I purchased our tickets online saving a couple of bucks, so a full pass cost me $24 each. That includes a hayride, 3 haunted houses and a trek through the "valley of fear". Over all everything was very well done, but I definately think if I'd had kids, I probably would have had a better time, as they'd probably would have crapped their pants.

No comments: