Friday, October 13, 2006

Palm 680



Ok, I'm a Palm fanboy. I have owned from the beginning, a Palm IIIe, a Handspring Visor, a Palm M505, a Clie TJ37, a Treo 600, and a Treo 700P. So I've been watching with anticipation the announcements of a new "affordable" Treo coming out soon. So here we have it! The Treo 680! Ok, basically it's a slight upgrade to the 650 and is only availible on the GSM networks. If you already have the 650, don't bother with the upgrade, your only losing the antenna and getting a little memory, simply not worth it. If you're still on the 600 and have been waiting for an upgrade running palm then the 680 is it. If you're getting a little tired of the Palm OS, and can hang on a little longer, the 750v is supposed to be coming soon. I like the look of this phone a lot, but with EDGE being the fastest antenna, I'm going to be perfectly happy with my 700p and it's EVDO speeds.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thinking that 3 years ago I wanted to throw your phone off of a roof, I can't believe that I now have one. Even worse, I can't believe that I am jealous because my 650 has a much slower internet than the newer phones. Anyway, I now see why you like these types of phones so much.