Sunday, July 31, 2005

Another Lazy Sunday

This year is really flying by. We are at August already! Hopefully this year I'll be able to go on the annual camping trip. Even if it's not on labor day weekend, I'd still like to make it to at least one camping trip this year. Last year I only made it snowboarding 2 times the entire year. I think this year I'm going to make it a point to partake in more activities. I remember it wasn't too long ago where one summer I'd go kayaking, play golf (I still suck at it), go indoor rock-climbing and play on a beach volleyball team. I still had time to work out and at night play on the dart team. Those were the days. There is so much going on in NYC, I guess I'll have to figure out how to use it. I checked out www.craigslist.org for shits and giggles and there was actually a lot out there. I liked the 1 day sailing trips, it was like $40 for the day and I guess you charter the boat. Not that bad of a deal.

Yesterday a bunch of my friends had a nice pow-wow. The standard BBQ, poker, beer, and Bond/Mario-cart night. I missed out on that, but I hope everyone had a good time. I, in the meantime went to a friends engagement party all the way up in Middletown. Although I had a great time, it was also depressing. It took me almost 2 hours to get there, that's quite a ways up. The houses were beautiful, and I asked around to see how much houses there were. I was told I'd be looking at $500,000 average around there. That's 2 hours away and I can't find anything affordable. At this rate, I'm gonna have to go to Canada to find propert I can afford.

No comments: