Thursday, July 21, 2005

Fantastic4


Fantastic4
Originally uploaded by badblueboy.
Ok, I know it's weird that the only movies I've seen lately are based on Comic books. The people who market these movies and created these movies are actually on to something. These are comics that we all grew up too and have waited a long time for a faithful adaptation to finally be made. Technology and movie magic can finally bring to life our most favorite villains and heroes.

Growing up, my brother and 2 of my best friends collected comics, and it was a great outlet for us, a great way to encourage our creatitivity and a wonderful hobby for us to spend our free time. We would go to comic book conventions and during the summers I remember we'd hang out in the comic book store in town and it was just a fun, simple time for us. I regret every single day the fateful decision to sell my comic books to broker a flight to Denmark. The trip was great and I will have awesome memories for the rest of my life, but I still want my original Wolverines 1-4 limited edition back! Grrrr.

Back to the movie. Special effects were good, but nothing ground breaking or new. They did a great job with the Human Torch, he was a fun character. Ben Grimm (aka The Thing) was great, Michael Chiklis did a terrific job and the suit looked great. I am so glad they didn't go the way of CGi like that disastor the Hulk (what a shitty movie). Jessica Alba was very sexy as Sue Storm. Sue Storm was supposed to be a blond haired, blue eyed, southern belle type goodie-goodie, not a sultry, dusky, vixen played by Alba. I'm not complaining, just making a notation. The guy that plays Dr.Doom was great too, arrogant and powerful, easy to hate. He was perfect. Reed Richards was a wet blanket. Anyway I have a feeling that if you enjoyed the comic as a kid, you're going to love this movie. If you have no idea who the Fantastic Four are you're going to think "hey, they ripped off The Incredibles!" and that was a better movie...."

No comments: