Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Spiderman 3



This movie was fun. It wasn't great, it wasn't amazing. It was fun. The first 2 were so good, that it's really hard to live up to them, but this movie was still worth seeing in the theatre. I'm a huge Spiderman fan, so to see him and some great villians on the big screen is such a great treat. I still don't think Kirsten Dunst as Mary Jane is such a great casting, James Franco who plays the new Green Goblin, in my opinion, stole the show. He and his character simply rock! They did Vemon justice, but blew up the Sandman too much (also, enough with the "Mummy" special FX). I'm also surprised no one made any comparisons to the Superman trilogies. In number 2 Spidey/Supes lose their powers for a bit and regain them in time to kick ass. In 3, both heroes go through an asshole phase (Spiderman cause of the suit, Superman because of the fucked up nicotine laden kryptonite).

I rate this movie 3 1/2 stars out of 5.

1 comment:

KC said...

I thought this movie was good, but they could have stuck with just Venom and Green Goblin and still managed to be great. It's a shame they underutilized the Goblin. Venom was awesome. I was caught off guard with the evil Peter Parker. Seeing him dancing and doing all that skeezy stuff bored me.