Thursday, November 10, 2005

Free Wifi!

Right now, I'm at the Gotham Coffee house, and I've been relaxing here for hours. Why? Because they have great coffee? Great snacks? Great people? Well, yes on all that, but that's not why I'm here. It's for the free Wifi! In an ever evolving face of city life, coffee shops that offer free wifi have become wildly popular. As I write this there are at least 5 other people browsing the web and surfing by me at any given time. This is the main reason, I'm here rather then at Starbucks (who charge for wifi). This is a great idea, now we need bookstores and other venues that offer this.

It's getting dark by 5pm. It's still taking me a little while to get used to this. I like the feeling of nostalgia it gives me, I dislike having to rush out the door to get even a little bit of sunlight, so you don't feel like you've missed the day. I had to get out early anyway since the laundry downstairs have been so shitty lately. I know, I know, if I did my own laundry, it'd be cheaper and I don't have to worry about it getting to me on time, but I gotta tell you, the conveniance is well worth it. I walk down the stairs (all five flights) drop it off and the next moring it appears on my doorstep. It's like Christmas every week! Lately, though, there's been a new owner and they've been really bad. I drop off my clothes early now and they ask me if I want it for later. I reply yes, today if possible, and please have it delivered. They smile and say sure no problem, have a nice day. The only problem is the clothes never make it back that day, or the next even, and on the third day (today) I have to run down before they close to demand my clothes back! That is very NOT conveniant. So now I'd like to bring my laundry elsewhere as this is the third time in a row they've done this. Only problem is, I don't want to drag my bag of laundry anywhere that's too far. Shit, I hate being so lazy.

No comments: