Saturday, November 26, 2005

Mr.Miyagi


Mr.Miyagi
Originally uploaded by badblueboy.
Although, I feel that I've been very lucky these past few months, I had one less thing to be thankful for this year. Pat Morita, the actor that played the wise martial arts master, Mr. Miyagi from he "Karate Kid" movies has passed away. He was 73 years old. I can't say I'm not a little sad by this news. The Karate Kid movies, especially the first one, had a great impact on me and I'm sure anyone who was growing up in the 80's and had a love for the martial arts. The Karate Kid came out in 1984 and was a surprise hit for that summer. The 80's were such a great time!

Moving along, I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving, I know I did. I ate a ton and gained back all the weight I'd just lost. It's well worth it though!

I actually went out on "Black Friday" too to see what all the hype was about. I remember this day being a mess in the burbs and the main reason for that is the parking. The lots are always full and you're frustrated before you even get to the store. I decided to shop in Manhattan and it was a breeze. My catch prize was a 20 inch Polaroid flat screen TV for $299! That's more then half off what they normally go for and it's perfect to replace the old 27 inch tube tv that had just got ka-blooey in my room. One last note the guy that sells Christmas trees by my house has set up shop again, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. It's like the return of an old friend!

No comments: