Wednesday, March 01, 2006

My wisdome teeth got yank!

Ok, I've been out of comission since yesterday, when I had all four wisdom teeth removed. I have to tell you that I feel absolutely miserable. I got there at 9:30 am on the dot, but the Doctor was since busy with another patient, so I had to wait anxiously until he was done. Nearly an hour later, he was finally ready for me. He starts off by drawing an IV into my left arm, and although I hate needles, it wasn't too bad. He then tells me, he is going to add the sedative through the IV. It felt like he literally flipped a switch, cause I was out like a light.

Next time I remember waking up and my jaw are in excruciating pain and my throat was extrememly sore. I remember the dental tech asking me if I wanted to keep my extracted teeth, I numbly shook my head "no", but in retrospect I wish I had said yes. Why do they ask you questions when you're in this state? My teeth hurt, but they didn't hurt as much as my jaw, which they must have really cranked up to get at my teeth. I was prescribed antibiotics and Vicoden and off to home we went.

The Vicoden makes me nauseous, but does little to stop the pain. I had to pop a couple of advil last night to keep the pain away. I've also developed a slight fever making me achy. I haven't really been able to eat anything the first day. I had some tea and some icecream. I've also had difficulty sleeping which is very frustrating.

Today is the second day and I'm feeling a little bit better. Still achy and dizzy, but not as much pain in my jaw. My teeth still hurt and I was able to eat some rice porridge today. I'm so glad that I decided to do all 4 in one shot, cause there is no way I'm going back there again....

On other news, I brought my Jeep back cause the check engine light came on. They fixed it again and charged me nothing for the repairs. Next time, I'll bring in the paneling that broke off and have that fixed too. Only 3 more payments to go!

No comments: