Monday, August 29, 2005

Free time begets random thoughts.

There was a time that I used to bartend. Don't why this thought popped into my head, but I've come to realize that there are 2 types of bartenders. The kind that can't wait until 4am, and his shift is over so that he can rush home. This guy, doesn't waste any time, he's got the chairs on the table and is sweeping the floor a half hour before the bar closes. When it's time, he's out the door on the dot. He's probably in bed by 4:15 am.

Then there's the other kind, the bartender that isn't really in a rush to be anywhere. He'll wait until 4 to start cleaning, if there are people in the bar, he'll just chill and talk with them until last call. Sometimes he'll lock up, have a beer, and watch a little tv before finally cleaning up. This guy usually gets home around 5:30 in the morning. He's more laid back, maybe a bit of a procrastinater. Then it hit me. It's true of all of life. You have basically these two types of personalities. Me I guess I'm more of a number 2 type.

Ultimate Fighter2 is on. This season is a little disappointing so far, 2 people have quit and one is injured and no one has fought yet. Of course it's only the first episode, maybe it'll pick up. The next UFC is going to held at Mohegan Sun, I'd like to go, but I've really got to start saving money.

I just finished Kung Fu Hustle, it was in my Netflix queue. I gotta tell you, I love this movie. The movie is friggan hilarious. I love that weird dance scene and there are so many homages to classic movies. I recognized the Axe Gang from "Gangs of New York", references to Bruce Lee, the Matrix and even Spiderman. I might have to buy this DVD. A five out of five starts for this movie!

No comments: