Thursday, December 22, 2005

Strike2005


Strike2005
Originally uploaded by badblueboy.
I just finished another 12 hour tour. It's actually 13 hours, if you consider the time it takes to get in, change and get your assignments. I can tell that too many more days of this and we're going to be very ragged.

I don't want to take a political stance on this, because I think these actions may pave the way for future negotiations between the city and other labor unions, including my own, so this strike is closely watched for many reasons.

The hours are monotonous and grinding and we're all a little down considering this strike is pretty much squashing any hope of spending the holidays with our families. I don't get the oppurtunity very often to spend holidays with my friends and family, and was looking forward to it this year. I was scheduled to have Christmas eve and Christmas off this year, and very excited about it too, but now, that looks like it probably won't happen. I'll spend it working 12 hours shifts at work. At this point I'm spending more time with my co-workers then with anyone else I know, including my live in girlfriend! Another lesson, don't procrastinate - I did, and now, I won't have the time to complete my Christmas shopping! You're a mean one, Mr. Grinch!

No comments: