Monday, January 30, 2006

Email to McDonalds

This is an email I sent to McDonalds the other night, after feeling ripped off. The punctuation and grammer is off, because of the email program they use, it strips it down I guess.

I have always associated McDonalds with fond memories, as well as great tasting food. Since I was young, my father and I would often visit McDonalds whenever you ran any of your specials, such
as the McRibb. Our favorite however would be your Chicken McNugget deals. My family has owned a restaurant since I was just a little boy, and even with near limitless access to our own food, we would
run out and buy sacks of McNuggets during your specials.

I was very happy to see your new commercial for the 6 piece chicken McNuggets move to the dollar menu! What a fantastic bargain. So I walked down the street a couple of blocks to the McDonalds (listed above), and imagine
my shock and dismay when I found out they don't honor that deal there!!!!

I asked the distinterested gentleman behind the counter why they didnt have the 6 piece nuggets on the menu (they had a 4 piece for $1), and his explaination was simply 6 piece is $1.65 thats it. No not
every store honors every special no Im sorry sir, but we arent running that promotion at this store only its $1.65

I was very, very disappointed in your lies. Im upset at your employees lack of concern about being caught in a lie, and Im frankly pissed off at being lied too.

Im going to Wendys as they have 5 piece nuggets on their dollar menu. Although I like McDonalds better, as they taste better and for the nostalgia alone, but at least Wendys doesnt lie to me. I was so
upset that my first response was to chronicle this on my blog and then link it to as many other blogs as I can. I decided to write to you instead, and hopefully you can shed some light as to why McDonalds
thinks its a good practice to lie to customers, and practice false advertising.

Your fine print where all stores may not honor all promos isnt going to fly either - I watched your commercial in my apt then walked down the street to your McDonalds....

I would appreciate a response.
Thank You
John

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tawee, you are hilarious!