Thursday, January 26, 2006

McDonalds lied to me!

I admit I don't eat at McDonalds nearly as much as I used to as a kid. Every now and then however, especially when they are running some sort of promo, I'll find my self greedily munching on Micky Dee's. I love their shoestring fries and I love their Chicken McNuggets. In fact I actually liked the old version with it's dark, grissly meat better then the boring white meat ones they have now. My favorite promo was the $2.99 20 piece nuggets special! That's a bargain!

Well, as you may or may not know, McDonalds has been running commercials where the 6 piece chicken mcnugget is now on the dollar menu! Yippeee! Well, ok, not so yippee, as unbeknownest to me, the special doesn't apply here in Manhattan. Even though they air the commerical pretty frequently in Manhattan (on Time Warner), they have the nuggets on the dollar menu, but it's for a paltry 4 pieces.

I schleped my way down the 2 blocks to my nearest McDonalds "restaurant" (so funny that they call em restaurants. So, where's my waiter?" and excitedly ordered the 6 piece nuggets. The guy behind the counter, who obviously couldn't be bothered replied "it's 1.63 for six". What?? No dollar menu? "it's $1.63" was the only answer I'd get. I angrily paid him, my mood now ruined. I rushed home and set them an email chronicling my experiance with them and requesting a response. That Monday night. As of today (Thursday) I haven't heard a peep from them. This is a company that prides itself on public relations. Well they are doing a very poor job of it... It's back to Wendy's for me.

No comments: