Monday, January 09, 2006

Having one of them weeks.

So far, this week has started off really crappy. I've been working overtime for nearly every weekend I've had off for the past 6 weeks, with the lucky exception of Christmas weekend off. Because of the transit strike, that actually put me at the OT cap. Although, the money is great, and it comes at a perfect time, I know I'm feeling pretty fried, and I desperately need some downtime. Luckily a boss stepped in for me and I managed to get out of the overtime detail for this past week. It works out perfectly as this is my last Saturday off for quite some time, and Lek and I were able to use that time productively for our wedding planning. This is turning out to be such a headache, I can't believe how much planning goes into this. Invites for the wedding, here and abroad, the hotel, the band, the placecards, wedding favors, airline tickets, passports, ceremonies, traditions, DOWERY!!! Holyshit, I gotta take a breath here!

Well at least that night, we had a little "family night" at the apt and it was a real blast. The game "Scene It" was a big bust, nobody really enjoyed it. Maybe my buddy Scotty from Westchester would have liked it, he's a huge movie, and TV buff. We moved on to Pictionary and that was great! The more you drink, the funnier the drawings look, woooo-hooo!

Now, my Apple iBooks power cable is starting to fray, which really sucks, cause I've been using my computer alot lately. I had to order another one from Amazon, and it's gonna take about a week to get here (of course I took the free, long wait, shipping. It's free.) I wrote a mean letter to my landlord about not having an oven for 3 months. Now I'm no Martha Stewart, but I'm tired of making my pizza bagels in the toaster. I can only do 1 bagel at a time there. I also don't have a key to the trash area, forcing me to leave my trash piled up outside the locked door. I have to really rip and shred all my documents real good so the hobos don't go shifting around in there. I guess my letter finally worked (I sent it wrapped in the the rent check), cause the super called me today and he's coming over at 5pm to finally fix it. I don't understand how calling for 3 months doesn't work, but one mean letter always seem to do the trick. Maybe it's cause it's in writting and is now on record? I don't know, I'm looking forward to making a big batch of pizza bagels. PS. Right now, since my laptop has no juice, I'm at the library typing this up and this really goofy guy next to me, is giggling and snorting as he's reading his email. I can't get a good look at what he's reading, but it's getting really annoying.

No comments: