Thursday, October 06, 2005

New Toy


Camera
Originally uploaded by badblueboy.
Yippee, an early birthday present! This is a new toy from my brother, who knows the way to my heart is through gadgets. I used to have another Sony digicam, and at the time it was a real nice one, with 2.1 megapixels, removable memory stick, and even the ability to record video.

This new one is at least twice that advanced, with a smaller design (about the size of a cassette tape), audio and video recording, a smaller memory stick format and a whopping 5.1 megapixel. This is just in time as we're probably heading to Thailand within the next year and it's important to have a bunch of pictures to show our family there. I don't know why they like seeing our pictures, cause I find looking at other peoples pictures extrememly boring, even if they are doing exotic and exciting things like jumping out of airplanes, handling snakes, racing cars, I don't find it interesting, unless it's me doing it!

Another thing I've learned about digital pictures. Treat them like you would any other digital file, save, save, save. My hard drive crashed, causing me to lose my entire photo collection. As my computer doesn't have a disk drive and I don't like burning new cd's every time I take pictures, I've discovered a great solution. My ipod. My iPod has a 20 gig storage, and I don't come anywhere close to that in music, so I use it to back up my photos too! Now, I'll get snapping and add those to my blog as well.

No comments: