Wednesday, October 26, 2005

The Old Gang


DSC01455
Originally uploaded by badblueboy.
Serendipity, that's the only explaination. Completely random, while waiting for the rest of our party to show up for Lobster Fest, I notice a table of about 8 people sitting in the corner and I think that I may recognize one of them. Then I realize that I recognize nearly the entire table! Talk about a small world! In a city with about 8 million residents I run into people from the old neighborhood. Artie, Luke, Kenny, John and Scott happened to be sitting at the table next to mine! These people have been long time regulars at my fathers bar and good friends of mine for nearly half my life. We quipped about good old Monday Night football, where these guys would come to my dads bar like clockwork, every single week, for Pitchers and Wings. 10 cent wings, now why doesn't anyone do that anymore. A sidenote, the very friendly and cozy Cellar in Larchmont puts out a great spread every Monday night gratis (free). They get the food from the top notch and very pricey Willet House Steakhouse in Portchester NY, and it consists of delicious Prime Rib, crisp and fresh Ceasar salad, fried onions, mashed potatoes and other great trimmings. That's right free. Why don't I go there more often? Cause by the time I get of work usually, it's way too late.

Anyway, it was quite a pleasant surprise to see all these guys again, and although we went from a large party, to family night, it was extended to a large get together after all!

No comments: